I'm on the final push now to get this property finished so to this end I eventually managed to get the Grand Staircase completed. I know I've mentioned this before but I didn't think the original staircase matched the height of the property proportionally so decided to enlarge it.
As this is the first time I've done anything like this, I went with foamboard as it's easy to deal with and just replicated what was there already and followed the existing lines. The tricky bit was working out the height as it went up the second staircase to the front door.
The joins were trimmed with wood trim and all topped off with a handrail, both were cut and scored to fit, with plenty of masking tape in place until the glue dried. I was banking on many layers of paint to fill any gaps.
Here is the finished article also showing the self adhesive cork base (which has turned out to be an excellent find).
All grand houses need a peacock!
I was going to get all clever and create plinths and fill urns with handcrafted foliage but decided against that (pretty quickly, I may add) and instead replicated the twisted topiary that is already on the balcony.
I've just got some curtains to replace in the basement and rehang a set in the Study, replace the front of the roof and that's it - job done so in the meantime, while I'm busy with all that, here's a wee peek through the front door.